On June 1st, 2022, Reprtoir is dropping its multi-products subscription system to switch towards plan-based pricing. A global rework of our offer and reorganization of our position on the market comes along with our pricing evolution.
In this article, we unveil how we came to this decision, in order to be fully transparent with our customers about the process of the changes to come, and what can be expected from this operation.
Why this change?
We decided to change our pricing model based on several reasons. But above all, we were looking to redesign our offer and reposition Reprtoir on the market. All in order to meet the maximum needs our customers demanded.
Original pricing model
When we launched Reprtoir, we wanted to provide business software accessible to small and large companies. Therefore, our goal was always to have the fairest prices for everyone, big or small. We built a solution satisfying the larger typology of actors.
By giving our users the ability to select the features of their subscription without committing to a full offer, price became accessible to all.
We established a business model that was compatible with our philosophy and divided Reprtoir’s features by-product with pay-as-you-go pricing. We still think it was the right thing to do, but nowadays, it can’t fit the reality of our industry anymore.
Why it doesn't work
Firstly, the main reason why our pricing had to evolve is because having 9 products and add-ons was too difficult to understand and subscribe to. Many of our customers, small and big companies, were confused by the system and reported that it was too complex.
Secondly, since the second half of 2021, there has been a significant rise of customers in the SME segment. We were then also approached by very large companies. That’s when we realized that while the pricing was ideal for small structures, it was not ideal for medium and large companies. In the majority of cases, they are dealing with yearly-approved budgets; the lack of long-term vision quickly became a problem.
At the same time, we were looking for a way to reward our users who commit to us in the long run by offering discounts. We wanted to do the same for those using the authorized royalty processing amounts for a long period of time.
Thirdly, our Support team has been backed up for too long and is mechanically becoming too expensive. All of our customers will agree: our support team is awesome. What SaaS today allows you to directly get in touch with the CSO, the CTO, or the CEO of the company without going through the barriers? We need to absorb these costs in the pricing, it's the only way to keep our level of support.
Since the beginning of Reprtoir, we have been working as closely as possible with our customers to understand their needs and their methods. These difficulties were brought up to the team, and we acknowledged them to create our new model. From then on, our internal discussions were regularly refocused on the topic of how we could improve our offer and our strategic position. Although this operation has been in the works for more than 2 years, it took us 4 months to set up and implement it.
So Reprtoir is changing to offer solutions more suited to the work methods we’ve been observing for a few years. Our habits are evolving, and to keep providing one of the most complete solutions on the market, we are taking the step to evolve.
In concrete terms, what will change in the offer?
From Products to Solutions…
Historically, Reprtoir is a list of products and add-ons that our customers subscribe to. Over time, we got up to 9 products and add-ons. Although this demonstrates that we created an extensive solution, it is far too many to be clear and effective!
As a result, these 9 products and add-ons will disappear and 4 business solutions will be created:
- Catalog Management: replaces Audio Manager, Metadata Collector, Videos Manager, Works Manager, and CRM
- Music Sharing: replaces Playlists for Business and Playlists for Business Analytics
- Release Builder: replaces Releases Manager
- Royalty Accounting: replaces Rights & Royalty Manager
… and Solutions to Plans
The inherent functionalities to the solutions will be integrated into different plans. That way, access to Reprtoir’s features will be done in an understandable way.
For more details, we invite you to visit https://www.reprtoir.com/pricing
This will lead to a price modification for customer accounts but will also translate to an overall decrease in Reprtoir’s prices with the aim of avoiding extra costs and stabilizing monthly subscription, mainly because customers will now have access to higher usage limits in terms of royalty processing, storage and assets.
Our old pricing remains available for references at the following link: https://www.reprtoir.com/old-pricing
Concrete changes for our customer
If you are already a Reprtoir customer, here is what will change:
We no longer invoice in currencies other than the US dollar (which will reduce our time spent on internal administrative management). As a result, you will be billed in dollars regardless of your country of origin.
- The plans will be invoiced at the beginning of the month and any quota overruns will be added to the following month’s bill. For our customers, here is what will happen on June 1, 2022:
- as usual, your credit card will be charged and you will receive a usage bill for the month of May, ending your account's usage pricing;
- a few hours later, your credit card will be charged a second time - for the period from June 1 to June 30 - and you will receive an invoice corresponding to this period, which will trigger the new pricing per plan.
- We are adding a per-user pricing model. Each plan includes a limited number of authorized users: from 1 user for the Starter plan to up to 10 users in the Enterprise plan. At any time, additional user profiles can be added (for a fee).
- We’re giving up the addition of tracks, videos, and works that we pool under the name "assets", making it easier to understand our Catalog Management solution. As a result, we are drastically increasing the quantities of included assets from 1,000 to 5,000 assets in the Starter plan and then increasing incrementally until you reach 100,000 assets in the Enterprise plan.
- Metadata Collector - which becomes Metadata Enrichment - is no longer offered as an option, it is a feature included in all plans.
- Playlists for Business Analytics is no longer offered as an option, it is a feature included in all plans.
- In terms of file storage, the first offer starts at 100 GB in the Starter plan and then incrementally increases to 2,000 GB (2 TB) in the Enterprise plan.
- We are drastically increasing the royalty processing amounts included in plans that start at $20,000 per month - or $240,000 per year - in the Professional plan, then incrementally increase to $200,000 per month - or $2,400,000 per year - in the Enterprise plan.
- We are also lowering the levels of the additional costs of royalty processing which are reduced from $5,000 to $1,000, which allows a fairer price in the event of exceeding the quota of the chosen plan.
- We are adding the possibility of subscribing to each of the plans on a yearly basis, to benefit from an immediate discount of one free month, and to spread the use of the quota allocated to royalty processing over the entire year. For example, if a monthly plan has a quota of $20,000 of royalty processing to use during the current month, its yearly equivalent entitles you to $240,000 of quota to use any time in the year.
- Finally, we are removing the chat from the workspace in Starter and Professional accounts, who can still contact us at email@example.com. But we remain as available as before! In general, we encourage our customers to prefer contact by email, it’s more effective.
We are here to assist you during this transition
We have pre-selected a plan for your account that we believe is the most realistic based on your activity during the previous months (Best Fit for You). However, we are aware of a margin of error, mainly due to a lack of medium-term visibility.
If the selected plan does not suit you, you can either choose another plan or contact us to discuss it. We are of course open to any discussion to improve the plans we have concocted, whether your needs are higher or lower than we expected
We are here to help and find the best solution suited to your needs, so do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
In any case, please keep in mind that we have until the first of June to adapt your current pricing to our new plans.